Thursday, March 26, 2015

Easter Basket: For Peeps Sake

Good morning!  This week is flying by and I have so much to do before we head out for Spring Break.  Since we’ll be on vacation the week before Easter (getting home just in time) I want to make sure I have everything ready before we leave so I’m not stressed.  I recently got the new Berry Basket BigzL Die and knew as soon as I saw it that it would be perfect for Easter so I decided to make this for Aidan’s treat from Mommy and Daddy.  I have to admit I love this die (it made this project so easy and really made me miss when we had a lot more Big Shot Dies (hint, hint Stampin’ Up! for the next calendar.) 

I used Crumb Cake cardstock for the basket base and you have to cut two pieces for the basket (which means you can get one basket out of an 8 1/2” x 11” piece of cardstock.  I also cut two handle pieces and two trim pieces using the Best Day Ever Designer Series Paper.  After cutting out the pieces I used the Hardwood stamp set to stamp the woodgain on all the Crumb Cake pieces using Crumb Cake ink.  I used Tombow Liquid Glue to attach the two pieces at the bottom and then used the Mini Stapler to staple the DSP trim piece to the basket which helps form the basket.  I added two handles but you could easily just use one in the center (I’ve made other baskets using the one handle). 

For the tag I used the For Peeps Sake stamp set and after stamping the greeting and easter egss I used the Ornate Tag Topper Punch to punch the tops of the tag and attached the tag to the basket handle using some ribbon from the Best Day Ever Designer Accessory Package.

After adding some paper grass to the basket I started filling it and have to say, I was shocked at how much this basket holds (more candy for Aidan, oh my!!)  It’s nice to have container projects that hold different amounts to suit your needs.  I’ve really been having fun playing with this stamp set (as you can tell) it’s so cute!!!

 Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s project:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Happy crafting,
 
Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog