Thursday, July 11, 2013

Stylin' Stampin' Squad July Hop: Birthday Bash

Good morning! I’m so glad you could join us for this month’s Stylin’ Stampin’ Squad Blog Hop. This month is all about birthdays and Stampin’ Up! has some great new stamp sets to make celebrating easy and special. If you’ve been following the hop you came from Bree’s page, I love her fabulous creations, if you just starting here, don’t worry you can continue all along the hop so you don’t miss any of the fabulous designers or their creations, I’m sure you’ll be inspired.

The card I’m sharing today uses the new Sketched Birthday stamp set and it is super fun, I just love the outlined images! I also used a beautiful new (at least to me) technique that I can’t wait to share with you. The cardbase is Tangerine Tango and I added a layer of Whisper White cardstock. Now for the fun washed technique. I saw this at a recent Stampin’ Up! regional event (demonstrated by Rose-Ellen Eastman) and it creates a one of a kind effect each time you do it. You take the one of our clear blocks (depending on the size you want to cover) and you color directly on the block with your Stampin’ Write Markers, in this case I created a rainbow effect with colors from the Brights Collection. Next I spritzed the block with water, and you want to really spritz it nice and good. Then you place the block on your paper and push down hard (you’ll definitely want to have an extra piece of paper you’re working on since the water will run) leave it there for a few seconds and you’ll see the water move. Then just lift your block and let the paper dry, just like that an awesome one of a kind pattern. I used Basic Black ink to stamp the balloons from the Sketched Birthday stamp set after the paper dried.

Next I took a piece of Basic Black cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot with the Chevron embossing folder, layered that on a piece of Pacific Point cardstock and added a piece of Wild Wasabi ¼” Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon. For the greeting I used the invitation image and used Stampin’ Write Markers to color in just the border and flowers and stamped on a piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock before cutting it out with the Big Shot and the Apothocary Accents Framelits. I used the Tiny Banners framelits to cut the “Happy Birthday” greeting from Real Red cardstock and added a quarter piece of the paper doily that I scrunched up to add some texture. I used my bone folder to curl up the Real Red banner so it had some dimension and attached the whole piece to the card with dimensionals.

This is such a bright and cheery card, it’ll really get someone into the celebration birthday to receive it. I hope you enjoyed this month’s project and if you click the next button below you continue on to Annie’s blog. Enjoy!

 
Blog Hop Participants:
  1. Pam S. of Stampin' in the Sun!
  2. Rose C. of Stamp with Rose
  3. Tonya B. of Stampin' with Tonya
  4. Dawn S. of Dawn's Creative Chalet
  5. Darcy J. of DJ's Stampin' Place
  6. Pamela W. of Stinky Tofu
  7. Kim R. of Stamping with Kim
  8. Jennifer B. of NW Stamper
  9. Bree R. of Craft-somnia
  10. Diana E. of Stampin' Fun with Diana
  11. Annie L. of Love Me Cards
  12. Jamie H. of Unique Ink
  13. Jennifer C. of Happy 2 Scrap 4 Life

And now for the exciting announcement.  I'm going a group of very talented designers (many of whom participate in this blog hop) to start a new blog, Stylin' Stampin' Inspiration.  It's a DAILY inspiration blog for you by our monthly Blog Hop Demonstrators! You are going to love it! This site will go live the day of our August Blog Hop, August 8th" so I would love for you to come check it out, participate in the challenges (it's a great way to use all those stamping supplies your stashing (and you know you do!).  THANKS LADIES!

**AND...if you want to join in...we still have one spot (and we can make more if needed) open!**  If your interested ask me and I get you more information.
Take care,
Diana
    Pin It!

    14 comments:

    1. Love the technique you use...perfect for a fun birthday card! Thanks for sharing!

      ReplyDelete
    2. love the fun technique I have to try it now!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Love this technique!! Great job!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Great technique! I'm going to have to try it. Great job.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Rose! This technique is a lot of fun and the results are so different each time, enjoy.

        Delete
    5. Cute use of a doily! I love your card! So glad to have you over at INKspiration starting in August!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Kim and I can't wait for INKspiration to start, should be lots of fun!

        Delete
    6. Fun background technique! I will be giving it a try soon. It is super fun for you birthday card. Thanks for sharing!

      ReplyDelete
    7. I CANNOT wait to try this technique! Thanks for sharing!

      ReplyDelete

    Search This Blog