Sunday, May 6, 2012

Best Friends Forever: Sketch Challenge

Good evening!  What a fabulous weekend.  Unfortunately Chris has been out of town all weekend which means that Aidan and I got to spend some much needed quality time together.  We went miniature golfing, got ice cream, planted flowers, watched movies and just enjoyed hanging out, and he was a super helper.  I was able to sneak down to the studio to make one last card for Mother's Day.  When I first saw this weeks Stamping 411 sketch challenge I immediately knew what I wanted to do.  The card base is Very Vanilla and I sponged the edges with Island Indigo ink.  Next I took a piece of Basic Black cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and then sprayed it with Champagne shimmer mist.  The next layer a piece of DSP from the Timeless Portrait DSP pack and I used a piece of 1 1/4" black striped ribbon that I cut the edges off and frayed.  Next I stamped the floral image from the Best Friends Forever stamp set in Cherry Cobbler ink on Very Vanilla and matted it on Island Indigo.

For the flower embellishment I used the Fun Flowers Bigz L die and the small flower uses the First Edition DSP and the larger flower is Island Indigo that was embossed with the Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder.  I used my bone folder to curl the edges and adhered the two like flowers together with SNAIL and used dimensionals between the small and large flowers.  For the center I used a Cherry Cobbler button with a bow tied with Island Indigo Baker's Twine.

The final touch was to add the greeting from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and punched it out with the Word Window Punch and matted it with the Modern Label Punch.  Of course I had to make a coordinating envelope (love these) with the Timeless Portrait DSP, Simply Scored Board, and diagonal scoring plate, so easy.  Love this card it has so much texture and dimension.  Enjoy!!!

Hope you have a great week!

Diana
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Total rich Gorgeousness! I love everything about this, the colors, that big, pretty flower medallion! Awesome! Thank you for playing along this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful combination of papers and textures and punched pieces. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog