Sunday, November 27, 2011

Bells and Boughs - Sketch Challenge

Good evening!  I hope you all had an enjoyable holiday weekend.  We had a fantastic time visiting friends and Aidan had a great time playing with his "cousins" and was sad when it was time to go.  We were also able to be out for Black Friday shopping and had a great time nabbing some great deals in the middle of the night.  I was very excited when I saw this weeks Stamping 411 challenge, not only is it pretty simple, but I'm known for keeping my designs pretty straight and inline and this card was fun to be a little "off kilter." 

This card uses the Holly Berry Bouquet Speciality DSP as the focal point and to draw all the colors used.  I also used the new Houndstooth embossing folder with the Big Shot on the Early Espresso layer for texture.  The greeting is from the Bells and Boughs stamp set.  I also used the Pines and Poinsettias stamp set and Wild Wasabi ink to stamp the background on the tag before punching it out with the Decorative Label punch.  I used the Modern Label punch and the same DSP to punch out the backup tag and cut in half so I could extend them to show behind the greeting.  The final touch is a small bow with the Real Red 1/8" taffeta ribbon.

This card is so pretty and simple that it would be great to make multiples and show off some of our fabulous designer series paper.  I hope you enjoy and have a great week.

Happy stamping,

Diana
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Love it!! That paper is so pretty! Great job with the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you had a fun time with the sketch! You did a great job with it! Love that fun dsp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! This is totally fun and out of the box! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog