Friday, September 17, 2010

Halloween Decor

I seem to have halloween on the brain lately and I'm so excited.  At convention this year I saw some great samples of halloween decor that I just fell in love with and knew I needed to incorporate in this years decorating.  Since Aidan is 5 the key to halloween decorating is to have nothing too scary (I'm already dealing with ghosts). 

I CASED this frame idea from the current Holiday Mini catalog but when I went to the store I found this great graduation diploma frame for 75% (love a sale) so I decided to jazz up the double mats with some of the Wicked Fun DSP.      Since my large mat was 11 x 14 I had to cut the piece of DSP down the middle and adde another print as an accent along with pieces of Black Raven lace ribbon.

 I stamped the images on a piece of Whisper White paper with images from the Wicked Cool stamp set in Basic Gray and Cajun Craze.  I also added rhinstones to the centers of each of the spider webs because doesn't every girl love a little bling? 

The actual Decor Element is actually on the outside of the glass so it looks like a shadow box (can you tell from the picture on the right??).  The final touch was little bats cut out of the same DSP with the new Bat Punch

I'm so excited how this turned out and even Chris was very impressed.

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. This turned out fantastic! I love it even more than the one in the mini. Great job! I wasn't sure if I was going to get these decor elements but this is just too cool :) I love how you incorporated the stamping on the white. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your frame and you've inspired me to go bargain hunting... I have an event a week from today and wanted to do a frame... thanks for sharing such a great project!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I've been looking for bargain frames but of course when I start looking I can't find one lol

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog