Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas Friends and Family!

Good morning and Merry Christmas!  I'm sitting here early Christmas morning waiting for Aidan to wake up (how crazy is that?) so I thought I would hope on the computer to share one of the Christmas cards I made this week.  This card uses the Winter Memories stamp set for the Holiday catalog and I just love how peaceful the images are.  The cardbase is Very Vanilla and I sponged around the edges with Crumb Cake ink.  Then I added a layer of Early Espresso Core-dinations cardstock that I ran through the Big Shot with the Woodgrain embossing folder and sanded it to bring out the woodgrain.  The DSP is actually from the Orchard Harvest DSP (I love when you can use paper for other holidays that what it is designed) and is matted with Lucky Limeade cardstock.  The main image was stamped with Basic Black in on Very Vanilla and colored in with a blender pen and my classic ink pads, sponged around the edges with Crumb Cake ink, and matted on Crumb Cake ink.  This layer was attached to the card with dimensionals so it pops.  The greeting is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and was punched out with the Modern Label Punch.  For the accent I added a piece of Victorian Lace Ribbon and an antique brad, it's fun to add a little texture with just a hint of ribbon and bling.
 
I love how this card turned out it's so rich and soothing.  Well I need to go, I think I hear someone stirring.  We hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a blessed time with your family!
 
Diana
 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog