Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge #321: Woven Heirlooms

 Good morning!

We need cards to let people know where thinking of them and unfortunately it's not always happy occasions, some of the hardest cards for me to make are sympathy cards just due to the reason why they are being sent.  One thing that helps is to have these on hand so they're ready to go to send those thoughtful wishes.  Today I'm using this weeks Hand Stamped Sentiments color challenge to make this lovely sympathy card using the Woven Heirlooms stamp set.

I started with Very Vanilla Thick cardstock and sponged around the edge with Pretty Peacock ink.  Next I added a piece of Soft Suede cardstock as a mat for the Very Vanilla cardfront.

For the cardfront I started with the stamping, I stamped the greeting in the center with Cherry Cobbler ink as well as the little flourishes in the corners using Soft Suede ink BEFORE embossing it with the Subtle Dnynamic Embossing Folder (I did it in this order so I didn't have any issues getting a clear image when stamping since I had a smooth surface.  Next I sponged all over the cardfront with Soft Suede ink to distress it and used Cherry Cobbler ink to sponge around the edges.

Next I used the coordinating Heirlooms Frames and 3D Embossing Folder to create the frame using Pretty Peacock cardstock (once again tip with this, cut the frame first and then emboss).  To give the frame an antique look I used a sneak peak product from the upcoming Holiday catalog and sponged all over the frame with Celestial Copper Delicata Metallic Ink (this ink is stunning and up close gives this frame a real classic look)  I used dimensionals to attach the frame so it had some dimension and finished off the card by adding three pearls that I colored with a Copper Sharpie Marker.

This card is so pretty and has an elegant look to it that you know it will brighten someone's day when they are going through a rough time.  I have lots of great ideas using these frames that I can't wait to play with.  Make sure to check the other cards the design team is sharing and we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create using these colors.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog