Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge #PCC330: Home to Roost

Good morning!

How is it possible that we only have 11 days left in this years Sale-a-bration?  There have been so many fabulous products and phased releases that I haven't even gotten to play with everything thing yet, crazy I know!  I decided to use several of these items on this weeks Paper Craft Crew sketch challenge.  While the Home to Roost stamp set (a SAB freebie!) has been out since January but I'm just now inking it up, I've focused on the rooster image but there are also some fabulous greetings and fonts that can be mixed with other elements and stamps for a different look.




I started with Petal Pink cardstock for the cardbase and then added Whisper White cardstock for the cardfront.  On this piece I used the Timeless Textures stamp set and Pool Party ink to stamp the filigree image several times.  Next I added a piece of Painted Seasons Designer Series Paper  (a SAB freebie!) and matted it with Call Me Clover cardstock.  I added another piece of the coordinating DSP that I tore on both edges to make some faux washi tape.

The greeting is the only stamp I used from Home to Roost and after stamping it in Call Me Clover ink on Petal Pink cardstock I cut it out with the Big Shot and Layering Ovals Framelits and then matted it with a piece of Lemon Lime Twist cardstock that was punched out with the Story Label Punch (this is a SAB coordination item and only available while supplies last!) and attached to the cardfront with dimensionals.

The final touches on the card are a few rhinestones and a double bow tied with Whisper White Baker's Twine.

I love all the colors in this DSP which I wouldn't have thought to pair together and the succulents are so trendy right now for spring I'm looking forward to getting planting for the upcoming spring and summer seasons!  Check out all the other cards the design team is sharing using this sketch challenge as inspiration and then we would love for your to play along with us and share what you create.  Don't miss out on any of the SAB freebies or coordinating products this year so place your order soon. 

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog