Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge #306: Meant to Be

Good morning!  Hopefully everyone on the East Coast enjoyed our little snow storm this week, it was perfect (not too much snow and we had time so we were prepared and could enjoy most of the snow from home, and of course Aidan enjoyed having an extra day off from school).  I also find crafting just a little more fun when it's snowing and I had a friend come over which was lots of fun and full of Valentine's Projects.  Today I'm sharing my card for this week Hand Stamped Sentiments color challenge that was one of the cards I made during the snow.

I have to say I love the Meant to Be stamp set and coordinating Be Mine Stitched Framelits so I've decided to make them my featured products of the week this week so I'll be sharing lots of great ideas perfect for all your Valentine's crafting.

I started with Petal Pink cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock that was a mat for the Fresh Fig cardfront.  On the cardfront I used the Big Shot and Be Mine Stitched Framelits to embosss the large heart image (there are two pieces in this framelit set that don't cut out, just emboss) and then used the detailed heart framelit and cut it out using Whisper White cardstock for detail inside the larger heart.

Next I added a piece of Petal Promenade Designer Series Paper (which is perfect for this color combination) and then took a piece of Very Vanilla 5/8" Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon and died it using Mossy Meadow ink before wrapping it around the cardfront.  The greeting is from the Meant to Be stamp set and was stamped in Mossy Meadow ink on Petal Pink cardstock before being cut out with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits and attached with dimensionals.  The final touch was to add three of Heart Epoxy Droplets that I colored with a Copper Sharpie Marker (you can also use Stampin' Blends to color the epoxy shapes).

This is a great color combo, that I've never tried before but is perfect for that springtime feeling (even if we do have 8" of snow on the ground).  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing for inspiration and we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog