Friday, May 18, 2018

SSINKspiration Kid's Cards: Icing on the Cake

Good morning!  Birthday's are a happy occasion we all get to celebrate and no one is more excited about birthdays but kids (although I may be a close second).  Today the SSINKspiration designers are sharing card for kid's so of course I went with a birthday card.  The Icing on the Cake stamp set is lots of fun (especially since cake is one of my favorite treats) and it's easy to build designs using this set since it's photopolymer.  A lot of the samples I've seen with this set definitely lean towards the more feminine so I decided to change things up and go with more of a guy card since guys like birthday cake as well.

I started with Dapper Denim cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Tangerine Tango cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Oh My Stars Embossing Folder.

For the stamped image I used Whisper White cardstock and started by stamping the "Happy Birthday" and then built the rest of the design using Tangerine Tango, Lemon Lime Twist and Dapper Denim ink.  Once I was finished I matted the piece with Lemon Lime Twist cardstock and then attached it to the cardfront.

To finish off the card I took a piece of Silver Foil cardstock and embossed it with the Big Shot and the Hexagons Dynamic Embossing Folder and then added a bow tied with Dapper Denim Baker's Twine (retiring).

This card looks yummy enough to eat and I was so happy this stamp set will be in the next year's catalog so I can continue making delicious cards good enough to eat, haha!

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog