Thursday, December 22, 2016

Star of Light Emboss Resist Greetings

Good morning!  Christmas is almost here and I realized that there are still cards I’ve made and haven’t shared (I know, how is that possible?)  Today I have a really pretty and elegant card that was actually really easy to make (and has a bling factor which always suits me).  The images in the Star of Light stamp set are so elegant and dreamlike I didn’t think it suited my usual style but thought I would give it a try. 

I started with Soft Sky cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Whisper White cardstock for the cardfront.  On this piece I started by stamping the larger swirling image in Versamark ink and then heat embossed it with the Heat Gun and Silver Embossing Power.  Next I took a sponge and rubbed Soft Sky ink all around the embossed image for the emboss resist technique and came up with this really pretty background.  The greeting is stamp in the bottom using Island Indigo ink.

Next I took a piece of Whisper White cardstock and stamped the large star image in Island Indigo ink and then cut it out with the coordinating Starlight Thinlit Dies and the Big Shot.  I used the same die to cut out the detailed star out of Silver Foil Paper to layer on top of the blue star.  The finishing touch was to add a Soft Sky Enamel Dot (from the Subtles Enamel Shapes) to the center of the star.

I love how soft and pretty this card turned out.  It reminds me of snow which it looks like we won’t be getting here this year for Christmas but that’s OK, I’m sure it will be coming soon.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:



Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog