Monday, May 13, 2013

Paper Craft Crew Challenge: Mouthwatering

Good morning peeps!  After and especially crazy last week I feel like I'm back in the groove and looking forward to a great week.  Today I'm sharing the card I made for this weeks Paper Craft Crew Challenge.  I decided to use the Mouthwatering stamp set for this challenge since it'll be retiring at the end of the month, it's so fresh and fun, perfect for this time of year.  The cardbase is Old Olive and I added a layer of Crumb Cake that I embossed with the Big Shot and the Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder and then sponged over it with Crumb Cake ink to make the dots pop.  Next I added a White Doily to the back of the stamped image.  The image was colored with Stampin' Write markers before punching it out with the 2 1/2" circle punch.  I created the mat with Real Red cardstock and the Window Collection Framelits.
 
To add some texture I added little flags and a bow of Real Red 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain and Old Olive 3/8" Scalloped Polka Dot Ribbon.  I also used an Old Olive brad from the Brights Brads package (also retiring) to break up all the red.  The final touch was to add a birthday greeting with the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and then punched it out with the Word Window Punch.
This card is fun and I like how the doily helps soften up all the ribbon and cheery cherry image, lots of fun!  There's still time to play in this weeks challenge or save this sketch to use on future projects, it would also be great for a scrapbook page.
 
Hope you have a great day,
 
Diana

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog