Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Merry & Type - Sketch Challenge

Good evening!  Where has the week gone?  We have been running non-stop and Chris has been in California this week so we're really excited for him to get home tomorrow night.  I've spent so much time making fall cards lately I was determined to make something different for this weeks Stamping 411 challenge.   I loved the new Merry and Type stamp set since the July and I just received it in my last order and have been anxious to break it in.
I got the color scheme for the card from the Letters to Santa DSP (love it!) which includes Marina Mist, Old Olive, and Early Espresso. I also used the Big Shot to emboss the DSP strips into the Old Olive cardstock with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.

I also used Marina Mist 1/8" taffeta ribbon and the Basic Pearls to accent the greeting. The greeting uses the Petite Pairs stamp set and the decorative label punch to cut out the cute greeting tag. I saw this great technique on Patty Bennett's website check her video out HERE! What a fun way to use this punch!
This card is very pretty in person, love it!

Happy stamping,
Diana

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty!! Love that stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little punched merry Christmas! That shape is so cool! I love how you changed up the sketch a little to suit your card. Awesome color and composition. Thanks for playing along with stamping 411.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog