Thursday, October 7, 2010

Letterpress - Trick or Treat

One of the great new products in the new Holiday Mini catalog is Letterpress Plates for the Big Shot.  This are plates which allow you to emboss an image while also applying ink inside the emboss.  So I was finally able to play with my new Trick or Treat letterpress plate this weekend and it’s kind of cool.  It’s important to remember to that you get the best results with Craft Ink on these plates, versus our classic ink and one of our thicker papers (like watercolor paper).  I decided to use Old Olive ink on Basic Black cardstock.  I also used the Big Shot Crease pad versus the standard cutting pad; this is how it turned out. 
This image is so big it does take up the majority of the card front so all I did was matt it on Pumpkin Pie cardstock and tie some Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, and Old Olive ¼” Grosgrain ribbons.This is kind of fun and I’ll definitely be using these for more projects. 
One of our Christmas cards during the Christmas stamp-a-stack next month will use the letterpress plates, so make sure to attend so you can try them out for yourself.
Enjoy!
Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog