Tuesday, October 6, 2009

It’s time for another Sketch Challenge…What a Crazy Cast of Characters!


Happy Tuesday! I hope you are enjoying the nice fall air as much as we are. It’s nice to be able to open up the windows and spend time with friends and neighbors on the front porch in the evening. The coming of fall is telling me the holidays are upon us to what better theme for this weeks Stamping 411 challenge then Christmas.

My card this weeks was inspired by the Holiday Lounge DSP. I had a stamp-a-stack this weekend and I had a great time hanging out with the ladies. After we completed the cards we were just sitting around looking through the catalog and commenting on all the things we loved. This DSP was one of the items that caught our eye and I realized I hadn’t tried it out yet...so off we go.

The card base is Taken with Teal and has a layer of Holiday Lounge DSP and Ruby Red cardstock. I cut the cardstock a whole inch wider than the DSP so that I could scallop both edges. The main stamped image is Holiday Lineup. I love this set but don’t use it often since you have to do lots of coloring to make each of the figures jump out. I used my Stampin’ Write markers (you all know how much I love them; especially that they have a wide and thin tip so I can get into the little spaces). The finished image was layered on top of a piece of Sahara Sand Textured Cardstock. The greeting is from the Christmas Punch Hostess set (any set that fits in punches is a fav!) and uses Taken with Teal ink on Ruby Red Cardstock. I used the Wide Oval punch to cut it out and then mounted with dimensionals. What about that…easy as pie.



Enjoy and have a great week!
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Great use of that paper to pull your colors from! Nice job! Thanks for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog