Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Gotta Love Baby Animals!


I spent the majority of my weekend, and part of last weeks Stay-cation working on our family christmas cards (yes, I'm proud to say they are done, with the exception of our family photo so one less thing to worry about during the holidays). I've also starting planning new classes for the fall and making samples, any excuse to play with new toys. After all this I decided I needed to participate in this weeks Stamping 411 challenge, especially since the layout was a little challenging for me. The circle element was the toughest part for me, especially since I decided I wanted to use the new Big Shot Lattice die that I'd been wanting to use. I cut the lattice out of Rose Red cardstock and cut around the corners to make it into a circle. I turned out pretty good and I'll be definately using this die a lot. Behind the circle is a piece of Tall Tales DSP on top of the So Saffron card base.


The main stamped image is from the new Animal Stories stamp set (I love those cute little guys). I inked the image in So Saffron and then took my Rose Red Marker and highlighted the mane and tail. The image is layered on a piece of Old Olive cardstock so it really stands out.

Next, I took a piece of 5/8" So Saffron Grosgrain Ribbon (part of this years SAB ribbon bundle) and stamped the sentiment with Old Olive ink directly on the ribbon. This was the first time I've stamped directly on the ribbon and it looks kind of cool, definately more experimenting will be needed. The final touch was a Rose Red Button from the Fresh Favorites II Colored Buttons.


Hope you enjoy this weeks card and for all those convention goers have a great time!


Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you would never know the circle was a challenge. This rocks! Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog