Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Masculine Greetings: Rooted for Nature

Good morning!  And just like that it's August, WOW!  I'm continuing with this weeks share of projects using the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper (love this stuff) and made this fun masculine card that makes me think of outdoor and camping adventures (as you read this Aidan is on another Boy Scout camping adventure and I can't wait to hear all the fun!)

For this card I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Granny Apple Green cardstock as a mat for the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper that I used for the cardfront (I have to admit, this may be my favorite pattern in the package and this is the first time I've gotten the courage to cut it and use it on a project (I have several packs of this paper, don't know why I'm hording it, haha!)

Next I took a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and used the Scallop Tag Topper Punch to punch the top to make it a tag.  Then I used the Big Shot and the Nature's Roots Framelits to emboss some leaf images all over the cardstock tag (I really love that some of our framelit sets in this years catalog emboss instead of just dies that cut).  To finish off the tag I added a piece of Granny Apple Green 1/2" Textured Weave Ribbon and strung it through the whole and used a piece of Whisper White 1/8" Sheer Ribbon that I colored with the Night of Navy Stampin' Blends to color the ribbon before tying a bow.

The greeting is from the Rooted in Nature stamp set and I stamped it in Night of Navy ink on Crumb Cake cardstock and then cut it out with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes framelits before attaching the circle to the card with dimensionals.  I used Granny Apple Green ink to stamp the single tree image on Very Vanilla cardstock and then cut it out with the framelits and attached it with dimensionals to finish off the card.

I love how this card turned out and the use of Granny Apple Green changed things up from it getting to dark, this is such a playful green.  Remember the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper is my featured Product of the Week and I'm offering a freebie for all orders this week that include this item.

Below are easy ordering links for products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog