Monday, August 6, 2018

SSINKspiration Card Sketch SSINKCS53: Postcard Pals

Good morning!  We had a quiet weekend after seeing Aidan off for a visit to his grandparents so I was able to get a little extra time in the studio crafting which of course always makes me happy.  Today the SSINKspiration team is back with a fun new sketch challenge so I decided to use it as inspiration for today's card which uses the Postcard Pals stamp set.  I fell in love with this set when the annual catalog was released and decided to make it my featured Product of the Week so all week long I'll be sharing fun ideas with this set.

For this card I used Old Olive cardstock for the cardbase and then took a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock and embossed it with the Subtle Dynamic Embossing folder.  I added a strip of Poppy Parade DSP from the Brights Designer Series Paper Stack and then took a piece of Soft Suede cardstock and embossed it with the Basket Weave Dynamic Embossing Folder (I love added different textural elements to a card to play against each other.


For the main stamped image I used the Postcard Pals set and stamped this cute little critter in Tuxedo Black ink and then colored him in with my Stampin' Blends (so therapeutic!).  After I finished color him I cut it out with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits.  The greeting is from the same stamp set and was stamped in Old Olive ink on Pool Party cardstock and then cut out with the Classic Label Punch and attached with Mini Dimensionals

To finish off the card I added three medium sized pearls that I colored with the Dark Poppy Parade Stampin' Blends marker.

Now come on, who wouldn't get a smile on their face to see this little guy in their mailbox wishing them a Happy Birthday?  It's a guaranteed winner!  Make sure to check out all the great cards the design team members are sharing using this sketch challenge as inspiration and then we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create.

Below are easy ordering links for products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog