Monday, February 16, 2015

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration: Scrapbook Sketch Challenge #SSINKLS18

Happy Monday and Happy Presidents Day!  What a wonderful weekend but I think I need to head back to work to try to get some rest from the fun (if that's possible).  I have to say,  adore my family and spending time together and during Aidan's sleepover we got to know some of his school friends better and boy are they some great kids, so fun.  The boys are off today and enjoying the day together while I'm working.  Well since it's the third Monday of the month you know it's time for our monthly scrapbook sketch over on the  Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog.  I love these challenges as they are a great way to work on my scrapbook layouts, even if I don't get caught up, every little bit helps.



Today's page is from last years Cub Scout Pinewood Derby.  This is such a fun activity for the scouts, they take such pride in their creations, and no matter how their car performs in the race everyone has a fun time.  This is a pretty easy page that I created in My Digital Studio but I added lots of layers to help create texture and dimension to the page.


It's always great to see what other people come up with using the same layout and it really inspires me so make sure to go check out the other design team projects and then create away, remember you can use these sketches for cards, home décor, scrapbooking, the skies the limit.



Below is the supply list for the elements used on this page:


Background
     Color = CRUMB CAKE 179,161,131

Embellishments
    Staple & Stitching/Staple
    Staple & Stitching/Staple
    _Designer Kits/Keep This Memory - tags/Keep This Memory - tag 2
    Grosgrain Ribbon - knot/Baja Breeze Grosgrain Ribbon - knot
    Staple & Stitching\Chocolate - Simple Stitches line 5 (re-colored) Color = EARLY ESPRESSO 80,57,49

Stamps
    Splatters\A Split Second\A Split Second - splatter 1, Color = NIGHT OF NAVY 33,64,95
    Medallion\Medallion - background, Color = EARLY ESPRESSO 80,57,49
    Splatters\A Split Second\A Split Second - splatter 1, Color = NIGHT OF NAVY 33,64,95

Punches
    Basics\1.25 Square Punch,  Filled with: Designer Series Paper\First Edition - designer series paper\First Edition - 4
    Basics\1.25 Square Punch, Fill Color = CRUMB CAKE 179,161,131

Have a great day!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I love this page, Diana. I had to come to your blog to see the particulars of the page because I was just positive you created it with MDS although you didn't say so in your LNSDemoOnly post. I'm with you in that I use lots of layers in my MDS creations. That is one of the beauties of the program...you can use lots of layers and not waste any paper. And...you can change your mind a bazillion times without wasting any paper. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog