Friday, February 13, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Sassy Salutations

 Happy Friday peeps!  The weekend is almost year and we’re beyond excited.  Not only is it Valentine’s Day so I get to shower my boys with love, it’s Aidan’s birthday weekend so there are lots of fun festivities planned.  I will admit however that I’m really not looking forward to the really cold weather we’re supposed to get (if I’m going to be cold, which I don’t like, at least give me pretty snow so I can enjoy the view!)  Before the fun gets started it’s time for our weekly Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch challenge.  Carol gave us this challenge this week and boy was it a lot of fun.  No I have to admit, this all started with my little scrap pile on my desk (come on we know we all have them, little pieces that weren’t used on a project but you didn’t want to throw away).  So pulled out my scrap pile so I could hopefully make some pretties with it this weekend and on the top was this gray circle and the gold cut out “HB” so that’s what I built my card around and it was really fun to see how it all evolved. 

I started with Island Indigo for the cardbase and then added a piece of Typeset Speciality Designer Series Paper.  Now this DSP is really fun, it’s thinner than our normal paper and kind of reminds you of old book paper so you can really have fun with it.  I started by scrunching it up in a ball and then smoothed it out, mostly, and sponged all over it with Basic Gray ink.  This really helped accent the wrinkles and add lots of texture and a more antique look.  Next I added a piece of Lost Lagoon Chevron Ribbon and Lost Lagoon DSP from the Regals Designer Series Paper Stack behind the greeting. 

The greeting piece is Sahara Sand and I stamped the greeting using the Sassy Salutations stamp set and Island Indigo ink and then sponged all over it with Basic Gray ink.  I also added a couple of pearls to the right side of the greeting piece (I made the pearls gold by coloring them with the Gold Stampin’ Dazzle Marker.  The final touch was to add the gray circle (that was originally punched out with the 2” Circle Punch) using dimensionals and glued on the “HB” (that were made using the Gold Foil Sheets, Big Shot, and the Little Letters Thinlits.

I hadn’t planned on making this such a masculine card but it definitely is heading that way which works.  I really had fun with this layout so I will definitely be using it again.  The other design team members shared some fun cards as well so please go check them out and then play along with the sketch, I would love to see what you come up with.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Have an enjoyable Friday and a wonderful weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog