Monday, February 23, 2015

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Masculine Monday: Boys will be Boys

Good morning!  It’s Monday and we’re heading home today so I can’t really call it “Happy Monday” since it’s always sad leaving Disney but we’ve had a fabulous time with the races and celebrating Aidan’s birthday, lots of memories!  Today over on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog it’s Masculine Monday and you know it’s fun to work on those dude cards.  So today I decided to do something different and make a card for the “little dudes” since they’re just as important.  When the Boys will be Boys stamp set was released I had to have it since it’s so perfect for all the boys, you and young at heart.  This card is also bright and cheery and with a little metallic the guys will love it.

I started with Real Red cardstock and then added a piece of the Irresistibly Yours Specialty Designer Series Paper (another SAB freebie!!)  I used sponges and a rainbow of colors to create the rainbow effect on the paper and once I rubbed the paper with a paper towel to remove the excess ink the printed stars stay while and really pop against the colors.  I decided to mat this layer with Whisper White cardstock to help it really pop against the cardbase.

For the main stamped image I stamped the robot on Whisper White cardstock with Memento Black ink and then colored it in with my Stampin’ Write Markers (I could have used blendabilities but I was worried with all the small spaces I wouldn’t be able to really color like I wanted).  I punched the robot out with the 2” Circle Punch and then matted it with a piece of Pacific Point that was cut out with the Big Shot and Starburst Framelits.  For some accents to kind of look like cogs I cut out a coup of different size starburst using Silver Foil cardstock.  For the larger piece I layered it with a piece of Old Olive cardstock that was punched with the 1” circle Punch.  For the other I cut the inside of the silver starburst out with the ½” Circle Punch (hint:  punch the center out first and then you can center the starburst framelit so the hole is in the middle).  I used dimensionals to attach the smaller cog for dimension.

The greeting is from the same stamp set and was stamped on Pumpkin Pie cardstock.  To cut it out I used the Big Shot and Apothecary Accent Framelits (I just centered my strip so I just cut the decorative pieces on the edges of the greeting) and then attached it with dimensionals.

This card is so fun, it can’t help but brighten your little one’s day.  Make sure to check out the other design team creations for further inspiration.
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Love how you did the background. Super fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo...I love all of the elements of your card! SO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is absolutely adorable. So so cute. Love all of the color.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog