Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Blog: Valentine's Cards and Gifts Tags

Good morning!  With Valentine’s Day less than two weeks away the designers over on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog want to help you out with any last minute cards and gift packing you need to help your loved one’s feel special on the holiday so we’re sharing lots of ideas to spark your creativity.  I’m still working on a few items (thankfully I finished Aidan’s class gifts last weekend, he just needs to write the names on them).  I have two things I’m sharing with you today, a card and a coordinating gift tag that are so fun.

 I’ll start with the card, I decided to double things up and used the sketch challenge over on the Mojo Monday blog as the inspiration for this card.  I used Crumb Cake for the cardbase and then added a layer of Calypso Coral cardstock that I embossed with the Big Shot and Happy Hearts Embossing Folder.  Next I added two different pieces of DSP from the Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper stack and added some gold sequins from the Gold Sequin Trim in the top right corner of one piece for some added detail (I will admit I may have added a few to many, I just couldn’t stop, you know how it goes?)  Next I added a piece of 5/8” Natural Chevron Trim Ribbon and Calypso Coral Chevron Ribbon for some fun flags and texture.  The greeting is from the You Plus Me stamp set and I stamped it with Memento Ink on Calypso Coral cardstock before punching it out with the 1 ¾” Circle Punch.  Of course I needed a little more bling so I punched out a circle of Gold Glimmer Paper with the 2” Circle Punch to make the mat and attached it to the cardfront with dimensionals.  This card is nice and fun but since it has playful colors it doesn’t necessary scream Valentine’s so you could always use it for an Anniversary or other occasion to let someone know you’re thinking of them.
So another project I’m working on right now is gifts for Aidan’s teachers, he’s decided he just wanted to bake some cookies to give as a yummy treat.  So we can’t make those quite yet (well actually I made up some chocolate chip cookie dough, added Valentine’s M&M’s and then scooped the dough and froze it in balls so the mess is already made, we’ll just need to pop them on the cookie sheet and bake right before we give them, AWESOME!) but we can start working on the packaging for the cookies so it’s not a last minute project and super cute.  We’re going to put the cookies in cello bags and tie some ribbon so I wanted to make gift tags to attach to the cookies.  For this I used the Big Shot and On Film Framelits to cut some Crumb Cake cardstock.  Next I added another piece of DSP from the Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper stack and attached it to the tag and trimmed off the edges.  I also added a piece of Washi Tape from the coordinating Stacked with Love Designer Washi Tape.  The greeting is from the January Paper Pumpkin Kit and I just stamped with Memento Ink.  The heart is from the Groovy Love stamp set and was stamped in Real Red ink on Whisper White cardstock before punching it out with the Sweetheart Punch (it’s on sale this week as part of the Weekly Deals!!) and attached it to the tag with dimensionals.  As you know I have to have bling so I added a small heart that I had sitting on my desk from another project that was punched out of Champagne Shimmer Paper with the heart punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and attached it with a dimensional as well.

I love how cute the tag turned out and Aidan can write on the back of the tag so they’re all ready to attach to the cookies and deliver to his teachers (always love when we can get projects finished ahead of time!!)
Make sure to check out all the other great cards and projects the design team is sharing for ideas to help with all your Valentine’s holiday crafting needs.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s projects:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

 
Take care and enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE that tag! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card and tag! I love all of the DSP patterns on the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely and such a darling tag! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog