Sunday, February 1, 2015

Can You Case it? Design Team - Sketch Challenge CYCI #55

Good morning and Hello February!  February is always an exciting for our family, with Valentine's and Aidan's birthday it's full of celebrations so I can't wait for the fun to begin.  Of course we'll be watching the big game tonight an I have some fun crafting planned in the afternoon so I can't wait.  With the fun starting the month off I can't wait to get started, but first I wanted to share my design team card for this weeks Can You Case It? sketch Challenge. 

I decided to use lots of fun Sale-a-bration products for this card so it all coordinates perfectly (I love that I earned most of these items for FREE and they all were designed to go together so there's no work for me).  I started with Soft Suede cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock that I stamped on the background using the Best Day Ever stamp set.  Next I used a piece of the Best Day Ever Designer Series Paper and matted it with Calypso Coral cardstock.  I wrapped a piece of Crushed Curry Baker's Twine around the DSP layer and then added a Calypso Coral button from the Best Day Ever Accessory kit.


The greeting is also from the Best Day Ever stamp set and I used Stampin' Write Markers to color directly on the stamp using Whisper White cardstock.  The greeting was punched out with the Extra Large Oval Punch and then matted with some Soft Suede cardstock that was punched out with the Decorative Label Punch.  I use dimensionals to attach the greeting to the cardfront.

This sketch is a classic and so useful.  The other designers have created some fabulous cards using the same sketch so you should definitely go check them out for additional inspiration before playing along with us.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog