Thursday, August 21, 2014

Disney Cruise Treats, Inspired by a Card: Merry Everything

Happy Thursday!  I'm so excited, we're officially on vacation and get to board the Disney Dream in just a few short hours.  I have to say our family loves all things Disney, and especially Disney Cruising, it really is relaxing and magical!!  One thing that really sets Disney apart is the service they provide, the Castmembers (CM), aka cruise staff, really go above and beyond to make your trip special.  In return we really like to do a little something for our dining room staff, stateroom host, and the kid's club personnel to let them know we appreciate their efforts.  For this trip I made these little treat bags filled with goodies (since we've been told the CM's don't have a lot of space and access to everyday items).  Of course I had to decorate it up and I received a wonderful card from my friend Michelle Suit, and knew it would be perfect for the cruise.  I used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set to stamp on the bag and then used lots of different punches to make the pirate Mickey.  The tag is a sneak peak of the new Merry Everything stamp set and matching punch (which will be released next month in the Holiday catalog).  Then I just used some Basic Black Chevron Ribbon (and retired Real Red Grosgrain ribbon) to make a cute little knot.

Here's a picture of Michelle's original card, isn't it beyond cute?  I kept the colors and most elements the same since they were perfect but I did downsize the punches to make the Mickey head a little smaller for the bag.  You could easily use these bags for birthday or holiday treats, or just to let someone know you're thinking of them.

I know the CM's will love the treats and we're looking forward to a fabulous time.







Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's project:

Pin It!

1 comment:

Search This Blog