Friday, August 22, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Amazing Birthday

We've reached another Friday, whoo hoo!  We're thorough enjoying our cruise and just relaxing today.  Of course I couldn't leave you without any creative inspiration so today I have a card that's doing double duty.  I made this card for the Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge and the Amazing Birthday stamp set showcase on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog (love when you can cover two things with one!)  This card I made for a family friend and it has lots of fun elements that completely put it over the top.

I started with a Real Red Cardbase and then added a piece of Maritime Designer Series Paper (love this bold print!) and I wrapped some Whisper White Baker's Twine around the DSP and then used another piece of twine to tie a knot so the twine would come together in the middle.  I also added three small Pearls to the top left corner of the DSP that I had colored with one of my Coastal Cabana Blendabilities markers.

For the main focal piece I used lots of different stamps from the Amazing Birthday stamp set.  I stamped the banner on Coastal Cabana cardstock and cut it out with Paper Snips.  I stamped the other different sayings using just pieces of the stamp (coloring just the piece I needed with Stampin' Write Markers) and then cut them out with Paper Snips as well.  Of course you can't miss that fabulous star.  I cut it out using Silver Glimmer Paper, the Big Shot and the Star Framelits.  Next I used the Stampin' Trimmer and the scoring blade to score on each of the points so I could crease them and make the star be three dimensional.  I used a couple of Glue Dots to attach the star (note,  didn't attach all five points of the star to the card so that when I mailed the card the star would give and was easy to mail.

I have to say, I completely love this card (I was inspired by a project we made a convention this year using the same stamp set and star and knew it would be perfect to wish someone a special birthday.  Make sure to check out all the other fabulous projects the designers on these two blogs are sharing for even more inspiration.

Below are easy ordering links for all the products used on today's card:
Have a wonderful Friday and make sure to come back, I have something fun to share tomorrow as well.

Happy stamping,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog