Monday, August 4, 2014

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Color Challenge: Everything Eleanor Birthday Greetings

Good morning!  We had a great weekend, the boys were at Cub Scout camp and had lots of fun adventures and I had the weekend to myself, which included an all day crafting day on Saturday with one of my BFFs (we're definitely going to have to do that more often).  My big project this weekend was trying to get everything ready for a birthday party I'm hosting on Friday, Chris and 3 of our neighbors are all turning 40 within a month so we're having a big party to celebrate these great milestone.  I made large cards for each of the birthday peeps for the guests to sign and decided to used this months Stampin' Stylin' INKspiration color challenge for one of the cards.
 
For this card I started with Crumb Cake for the cardbase and then added a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I used the Dotty Angles stamp set and Strawberry Slush ink to stamp along the left side and then took the Everything Eleanor stamp set and used the swirl image and Mossy Meadow ink to stamp the "leaves" for my flowers on the White Cardstock and then stamped on a piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock (to kind of mimic grass).  The Mossy Meadow piece was embossed with the Big Shot and Zig Zag Embossing Folder before attaching a piece of Strawberry Slush Thick Baker's Twine.

For the flowers I stamped three of the larger flowers in Tempting Turquoise ink and then three small flowers in Strawberry Slush ink on Strawberry Slush cardstock and then used Paper Snips to cut out all the flowers.  I used a Bone Folder to curl up the flowers for texture and then layered them and added little pearls to the center of the flowers.
 
For the greeting I used one of the new hostess sets, Let Your Hair Down (this is a really fun set) and I used my Stampin' Write Markers to color in just a portion of one stamp and then centered the birthday greeting (also from this set) in the middle of the frame.  I did use a Mossy Meadow Marker to add some little swirls inside the stamped image.  The final touch was to add a "40" in Champagne Shimmer paper that I cut out with my Big Shot and the recently retired die set.
 
I wouldn't normally pick these colors to go together but it was a lot of fun to play with them and they do work together, it's fun to get outside your comfort zone.  I hope you enjoy this card and check out the other great cards the designers are sharing and come play along with this color challenge and see what you can create.
 
Below are easy ordering links for all the products used on today's card: 
 Have a great day!
 
Diana

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I just love this. The colors are perfect for your birthday card. So bright and sparkily!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! Lots of my favorites on this one! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog