Friday, August 1, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Truly Grateful

Happy Friday!  I can't believe it's already August, where is the time going?  I'm so excited, not only is it a Tax Free weekend here in VA so I plan on taking care of all our back to school shopping plus maybe a little for myself, but also the boys are away at Scout camp so I have several days of quiet to myself and I plan on enjoying every minute.  Before all this fun gets started it's Friday so it's time for the weekly card sketch challenge over on the Sketch Frenzy Friday Blog.   For this card I decided to use lots of different textures and let me be the focus of this card. 

I stated with Crumb Cake for the cardbase and then added a piece of Island Indigo cardstock that I embossed with the Big Shot and the Polka Dot Embossing Folder.  At this year's convention Shelli Gardner showed this really cool technique where she stamped on the raised part of an embossed piece by making a mask so I decided to give it a try.  In this case I used the 3/4" circle punch to make my mask and then used the tree ring image from the Truly Grateful stamp set to stamp some rings one each of the raised dot (it's hard to tell in this picture but if you look closely you can see the pattern).  Next I wrapped some Gold Baker's Twine around the cardstock and tied a bow before attaching the piece to the cardbase.

For the main image I first took some Soft Suede cardstock and stamped the woodgrain chevron image, again from the Truly Grateful stamp set, then cut it out with the Big Shot and the Labels Collection Framelits and then sponged around the edge.  Next I added a piece of Mossy Meadow 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon over the chevron piece.  The final touch was to stamp the greeting from the Petite Pairs stamp set (I used Stampin' Write Markers to color in the greeting) and then punched the greeting out with the Scallop Oval Punch and used dimensionals to attach the greeting.

You should definitely come check out all the other cards the designers are sharing, it's sure to help inspire you for your projects.  We would love for you to come play along with us, and share you projects so we can enjoy and share some love.



Below are easy ordering links to all the products used on todays card: 
As you may have noticed I really love my Big Shot and use it on almost all projects I create in some manner.  If you haven't taken the plunge and purchased your Big Shot now is the perfect time.  Starting today you can purchase a Big Shot and you can select from predesigned bundles of stamp sets and coordinating framelits for FREE (love it!)  If you already have a Big Shot, don't worry, you can purchase any of the bundles for 15% off (these are great stamp sets and framelits, I have them and use them all).

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, happy crafting!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog