Wednesday, September 7, 2016

SSINKspiration Holiday Bundle Meets Paper Players Theme Challenge: Spooky Fun

Good morning!  The great thing about holiday weekends is that then you get a shorter work week which is always nice.  Today I have another combo project for to share.  I used the Paper Players Theme Challenge (circles) to make my favorite Holiday Bundle project for the SSINKspiration blog.  Unfortunately I wasn’t able to play with my holiday catalog preorder items as much as I would have liked with all our August activities but I’ve had a couple of chances to play with the new Spooky Fun stamp set and coordinating Halloween Scenes Edgelits and I’m in love!!  The images in the stamp set are so cute and I love not having to cut them out with snips thanks to the ease of the edgelits.

I started with Pumpkin Pie cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of  Old Olive cardstock behind my Whisper White cardfront.  On the cardfront I started by stamping the large spider web image from the Goulish Grunge stamp set in Basic Black ink.  I used the brick wall image from the same stamp set and Tip Top Taupe to stamp the partial wall a couple of times in the background.  Next I took a piece of Halloween Night Specialty Designer Series Paper to cut a circle using the 1 3/4 “ Circle Punch.

 Next I started building my scene with the edgelits, Basic Black for the fence line, Tip Top Taupe for the spooky tree (which I added to a circle I cut out of Basic Gray cardstock using the Big Shot and Layering Circles Framelits and trimmed to fit).  I stamped the outline of the flying witch and the three pumpkins on Whisper White cardstock and used my Stampin’ Write Markers to color them in before cutting them out with dies from the edgelits set.  The witch was attached with a dimensional so she stands out a little. 

The greeting is from the same stamp set and after stamping it with Perfect Plum ink I cut it out using the Tags and Labels Framelits (I cut it twice to get the scalloped edge on both sides and then trimmed it down  before sponging around the edge with Basic Gray and attaching it to the cardfront with a dimensional).  The final touch, a few Halloween Night Enamel Dots which were the perfect touch to make the colors pop.

I really had a lot of fun with these bundle items and have lots of other projects in my head after using them (now just to find the time to get them all made, haha!!)  Make sure to check out the other great projects the design team members are sharing using their favorite bundles from the Holiday Catalog (but be warned, it may make you have to place an additional order so you can have items that didn’t make your first order).

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:
 



Enjoy!
 
Diana
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Love all the details on your card, Diana! The different circles are very artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super fun and cute! Love all of the background elements too. Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana, what a wonderful Halloween scene you have created. I love your use of circles and all those little elements. Fabulous job So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun Halloween card! So cute.Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog