Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Open Sea - Sketch Challenge

What a crazy week!  What started out as a nice relaxing family vacation at the beach ended up with an earthquake, evacuation of our beach home, and hunkering down for a hurrican at home.  Through it all we managed to have some fun and stay safe which was the most important thing.  Given the events of the week when I saw this weeks Stamping 411 challenge I immediately knew I needed to use The Open Sea stamp set.  Not only will we be saying goodbye to this stamp set this week but it just seemed perfect for all that's been going on.

The card is pretty simple so I'm just going to list the items used:
  - The Open Sea Stamp Set
  - 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch
  - Nautical Expedition DSP
  - Brads
  - Petal Cone Die and Big Shot
  - Paper:  Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy
  - Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso



Now check out the original sketch design.  This card turned out exactly as I pictured and I'm going to miss this stamp set, it was one of my favorites for the Occasions Mini Catalog. 

Well, it's back to work and the real work for us...looking forward to the Labor Day holiday next weekend!

Have a great week!

Diana
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty! I just love this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your vacation plans were upset by Mother Nature. I love, love, love this card. This stamp set is among my faves!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog