Saturday, July 16, 2011

Christmas and Bookmarks, oh my!

What a fabulous Friday. Last night I took a +Fun class (Every Last Detail) where we made a beautiful tray using all sorts of great embellishments. This morning I have my make-and-take session and I can’t wait use the new stamps sets we got in our convention bag. Then we have our closing general session, which is not to be missed.

I have two more projects to share with you today. The first is a Christmas card that uses the Heard from the Heart stamp set and the Northern Frost Decorative Strip die. This was actually a pretty simple card (thanks Michelle for your help on this one). We cut out lots of snowflakes and randomly glued them on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. Then we ran it through the Big shot with the Petals-a-plenty embossing folder so the snowflakes were embedded in the image. Once again we only embossed about 2/3 of the sheet and left the part with the greeting flat. Then we attached an additional snowflake to the card and added a Basic Rhinestone brad so that snowflake stood out. A nice and simple card but elegant looking and easy to reproduce in mass.


The second item is a book mark with the Fun Flowers Die. I got this idea from Connie Babbert and you have to check her creation out HERE! I just chose different colors of cardstock and ran it through the Big shot to cut out all the flower layers. Then I sprayed them with water and squished them up so they were wrinkled before sponging the edges with ink using a sponge dauber. Once the layers dried I stacked them how I wanted them and punched a hole through all the layers with a paper piercer before using a Brights Flower brad to attached all the layers together. The final step was to add a piece of Basic Black ribbon to the back.

This is such a fun project, we made it in last months Big Shot class and it was a hit.

We’ve had a great week but are definitely looking forward to heading home tomorrow, I think Chris and Mocha will be glad when we get back.

Have a great day!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog