Friday, April 15, 2011

Kindergarden Easter Class Gift

Good afternoon!

I have a quick Easter project post for you. So while I’ve been thinking that Easter is so late this year and I have all this time I completely forgot that Aidan’s school is on spring break next week so they are celebrating Easter today. Now I realized this yesterday (and hadn’t even thought about what we were going to make). I ordered the new Petal Cone Die last month but had yet to use it but I liked all the different “out of the box” ideas people were coming up with for this die. Well I decided to CASE this really cute pouch made with the die that looks like a carrot (Becky Roberts was my inspiration, check out the original HERE).

After cutting out the cone with the Big Shot I ran it through again with the Lattice embossing folder. Then I used the Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder for the green scalloped pieces. Tombow Mono adhesive was perfect to hold all these textured pieces together and keep them from separating. The cute bunny is from the Forest Friends stamp set and was punched out with a 1 ¼” circle punch and matted with a 1 3/8” circle and scallop circle piece. The greeting is from the Something to Celebrate hostess set and the flag was another piece cut from the same Petal Cone Die. The final touch was adhering a piece of retired Chocolate Chip 5/8” grosgrain ribbon that was tied in a not.

So cute and so easy, I was able to completely make all the gifts for Aidan’s class in a little over an hour, and Aidan loves them!

I can’t wait for the weekend to start this evening since its jammed pack. Not only do we have opening day of TBall and the neighborhood easter egg hunt (both on Saturday morning, weather permitting) but Aidan and I are making a special easter decoration involving Peep bunnies. We’ll definitely post pictures when we’re done, so look for it soon.

Hope you enjoy and have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog