Thursday, January 20, 2011

Friends and Chocolate

This seems like the week that will never end, and it's only Wednesday.  I'm just hoping the next couple days move along.  It seems like we've been so busy with family activites that I haven't had much time for stamping and was telling Chris tonight that I was starting to miss it.  When I saw this weeks Stamping 411 challenge, I knew exactly what stamp set I would use.  Before I even saw the images in the new Eat Chocolate stamp set I new I had to love it, especially since I do believe chocolate should be it's own food group.


I started this card with a piece of Whisper White cardstock and stamped the chocolate bar image with both Early Espresso and Pretty in Pink classic ink.   Then I used a Stamping Sponge to sponge Pretty in Pink ink along the edges.  Next I took a piece of Pretty in Pink designer paper and tore it along the edge.  Both of these pieces were then adhered to a piece of Early Espresso cardstock that is the cardbase.  


I took the main image and stamped it twice, once in Early Espresso and again in Pretty in Pink.  The early Espresso image was punched out with the 1 3/4" circle punch and then matted it on a piece of Early Espresso cardstock punched out with the 2 3/8" scallop circle punch.   For the pink image I cut out the chocolate candy with Paper Snips and attached it to the card with a dimensional.  I applied crystal effects all over the pink candy so that it really "popped."  The last addition was a Pretty in Pink button with a piece of 1/8" Early Espresso taffeta ribbon threaded through the holes and then knotted (I swear it took just as long to thread the ribbon through the button as it did to make the entire card, very tiny holes.)


Now let's see what the sketch looked like, not bad.  This card turned out so well that I just want to eat it and the sentiment is perfect!  Enjoy and have a great week!


Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. very cute card, love the staggered stamping of the "chocolate bar" in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stamp set! I love the sentiment! too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog