Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Circle Circus Get Well Wishes


We had a great stamp-a-stack on Sunday trying out the new In Colors and stamp sets, thank you all who were able to attend. I must admit after Sunday I haven’t been motivated to create new things (I know, it’s hard to believe). Today’s card uses the new Circle Circus and Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp sets. I started with a Melon Mambo card base love this color. I used the swirl image from the Razzle Dazzle stamp set and Melon Mambo ink and repeatedly stamped the image on the top half of the card. Then, I cut a strip of Razzleberry Lemonade DSP and stamped the swirl with Rich Razzleberry ink on top of the DSP (it adds a unique touch to the DSP). The DSP was matted on a piece of Crushed Curry cardstock and adhered to the card.

For the circle image I used the large circle pattern and stamped it once with Crushed Curry ink and once with Rich Razzleberry ink on whisper white cardstock. I used my Scallop Circle punch and punched out a plain piece of Rich Razzleberry cardstock and the Razzleberry stamped Circle. Then I used the 1” circle punch to punch out the center of the Crushed Curry stamped circle before being glued on top of the Rich Razzleberry stamped image (plain Razzleberry scalloped circle is layered behind). Then I used the Crop-a-dile to punch a hole in the center of the circle and inserted a Clear Crystal Circle Brad.

A piece of Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon was wrapped around the DSP strip before the circles were attached to the cared. Finally, I adhered a piece of Whisper White Cardstock in the inside of the card, used the new Modern Label Punch to punch a window in the card front and used a greeting from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and Rich Razzleberry Ink to stamp the greating through the window and onto the inside of the card.

Ta Da ….nice, simple, pretty card! I have noted that this is definitely my “go to”card layout and is definitely my favorite since it works with a variety of stamped images, shapes, etc.

I do promise that I will be heading back into the stamp room soon and am already starting to plan upcoming classes, such as a Big Shot II class as well as a holiday class utilizing holiday Simply Scrappin’ kit, so stay tuned for more details.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog