Friday, July 20, 2018

SSINKspiration Outdoor Adventures: Waterfront

Good morning!  It seems only fitting that while my guys have been off deep the mountains at Boy Scout Mountain Man camp experiencing life in the 1800's that today's theme on the SSINKspiration blog is outdoors so I thought this would be a good way to get my husbands birthday card made and ready (is birthday is a few weeks away so this is our little secret, haha!)

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Balmy Blue cardstock behind the Crumb Cake cardfront.  On the cardfront I stamped using the Tree Rings stamp and Crumb Cake ink.  The greeting is from the Picture Perfect Birthday stamp set and was stamped in Shady Spruce.  Before attaching the cardfront I colored two pieces of Whisper White 1/8" Sheer Ribbon with my Soft Suede Dark Stampin' Blends Marker and wrapped them around the cardfront (make sure to give that ribbon just a few minutes to dry before trying to attach it, trust me you'll me much happier).

For the main stamped image I took a piece of Whisper White cardstock and cut out an oval using the Big Shot and Layering Ovals Framelits and then started building my image using the Waterfront stamp set.  I used Balmy Blue, Shady Spruce (both full strength and stamped off), Mango Melody (stamped off), Sahara Sand (both full strength and stamped off), and Soft Suede inks for all the stamping and then sponged the sky using Pool Party ink.  Once I was finished with my stamping I used dimensionals to attach the piece to the cardfront.

I really love the versatility of this stamp set, you can build so many types of scenes with these stamps to really suit the mood you're going for.  I think the guys camping was probably a little more rustic than this (they were in canvas tents instead of cabins) but I think hubby will appreciate it all the same.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing for inspiration for your next outdoor themed project.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog