Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Fab Friday Color Challenge: 2018-2020 In Color Birthday Watercolor Wash

Happy 4th of July!  This is a wonderful day to spend with friends and family (and maybe get a little extra sleep, hey being honest).  Before we get into all the festivities I decided to play along with this weeks Fab Friday color challenge, which features the 2018-2020 In Colors.  I have to admit, I was a little stumped when I first saw this since I did a post a few weeks ago showing off the In Colors and I didn't know how I was going to show off all 5 In Colors and be different from my previous card.  Then last week I watched a video Sara Douglass shared using water colors and simple birthday cards, see her video HERE and used it as inspiration to create this cheery birthday card.

I started making the main element and took a piece of Shimmery Whisper White cardstock and did a watercolor wash using an Aqua Painter and the new In Colors (Lovely Lipstick, Grapefruit Grove, Pineapple Punch, Call Me Clover, and Blueberry Bushel) and colored all over the cardstock to create a rainbow effect and then let it dry.  Once it was dry I used the Big Shot and Happy Birthday Thinlits Die to cut out the greeting.  I also used the Big Shot and layering Circles Framelits to cut out a scalloped circle mat in Basic Black cardstock.

Once these elements were complete I was ready to finish my card.  I used Thick Whisper White cardstock for the base and then added a layer of Basic Black behind the cardfront.  The cardfront is Whisper White and was embossed with the Big Shot and Oh My Stars Embossing Folder.  Before attaching the circle and greeting to the cardfront I added a piece of Silver Mini Sequin Trim looped behind the circle for a little sparkle.

The background of this card is nice and simple so it really lets the watercolored piece pop, and I always love the rainbow effect.  In Sara's video she said she usually made multiples of birthday cards when she makes them so she has plenty ready to go, this is definitely a card I could quickly make a lot of and is sure to impress.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List
Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog