Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Hand Stamped Sentiment Inspiration Challenge #294: Pocketful of Sunshine

Good morning!  It's always fun to see the new fads and trends as they develop and one that I've seen a lot of this summer and I actually love are flamingos, and they are every where (I even had them as a theme for the neighborhood BBQ we hosted this year).  So it was so funny when I saw the inspiration picture for this month's Hand Stamped Sentiments Inspiration challenge, it was full of flirty flamingo fun.  Unfortunately I don't have any flamingo stamps so I started looking at the inspiration picture to see what else I could pull out and saw the lady has sunglasses and lots of shades of pink, like an ombre effect.  It was these items that I used for today's card.

I started with Bermuda Bay cardstock for the cardbase and then added Melon Mambo cardstock behind the Whisper White cardfront.

One of my favorite images from the Pocketful of Sunshine stamp set is the sunglasses, they remind me of my favorite running glasses, Goodrs, and how you can get them in lots of different colors.  I stamped the glasses in Powder Pink Flirty Flamingo, Melon Mambo and Rich Razzleberry on the same color cardstock and then cut them out with the Big Shot and Pocket Framelits.  I lined the glasses up for the ombre look and used dimensionals to pop up the Flirty Flamingo pair.

Before assembling the card I wrapped a piece of Powder Pink 3/8" Shimmer Ribbon around the cardfront and tied a knot.  The greeting is from the Picture Perfect Birthday stamp set and inked up just the "celebrate" with my Bermuda Bay Stampin' Write Marker and stamped on Powder Pink cardstock before cutting it out with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits and used dimensionals to attach the greeting.

I could wear these glasses all day, so fun and scream summer fun.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing for inspiration and we would love for you to play along with use and share what you create.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List
Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog