Tuesday, February 16, 2016

SSINKspiration: Kid's Birthday

Good morning!  It seems like winter has definitely decided that it’s not ready to say goodbye for the year so we got to enjoy another round of snow yesterday, Aidan was really excited especially since it was his birthday yesterday (can’t believe he’s 11 already!!)  It’s perfect timing since today over on the SSINKspiration blog we’re sharing kid’s birthday cards so I decided to share what I made for Aidan.  Just like his mom he loves the glitter and bling so of course I had to make sure this card had plenty.

I started with Whisper White Thick cardstock for the cardbase (this is a really great new option for when you want white for the cardbase since it’s thicker than our traditional cardstock).  Next I took a piece of Pacific Point cardstock and matted it with Real Red.  I used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set to stamp some splotches and lines (a little hard to see) on the background first.  Next I took a piece of Basic Black cardstock and punched it using the Confetti Stars Punch and then added some Red Foil Paper behind so the foil starts show through.  The greeting is from the Remembering Your Birthday stamp set and I used my Stampin’ Write Marker to color just the part of the greeting I wanted and then used the Big Shot and Project Life Labels and Cards Framelits to cut the edges of the greeting, sponged the edges with Basic Gray ink and then attached it to the cardfront with dimensionals.

Now it was time to amp things up with lots of stars and bling.  I used the Big Shot, Star Collection Framelits, and Gold Glimmer Paper to just cut the outline of the start and in the center I used the Little Numbers Framelits and Black Glimmer Paper (retired) for the numbers.  I cut out a smaller star using the smallest star from the Framelits set and some Real Red Designer Series Paper, from the Brights DSP Stack and made sure to line it up so “awesome” and “best were the words you could see in their entirety (this star was attached with dimensionals).  The final touch was to add some star shaped sequins from the Metallic Sequin Assortment (the fine tip glue pen works perfect to attach these).

I had lots of fun making this card and Aidan loved it (he really likes when you personalize things just for him, don’t we all!!)  You could certainly change up the colors to match your recipients preferences for a perfect fit!!

Below are easy ordering links for the current products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog