Monday, February 22, 2016

SSINKspiration Mystery Challenge #SSINKMC30: Easter Greetings

Happy Monday!  This morning we’re waking up in Cozumel and looking forward to a day of snorkeling, catamaran’s, and beach fun so it should be perfect.  Of course I couldn’t forget about you so I’m leaving a little inspiration throughout the week for fun.  Today over on the SSINKspiration blog it’s time for this months Mystery challenge so I decided to play along.  I’ll admit this month that challenge was a little hard for me but I was able to use 4 of the items on the challenge list:  1) non-card, 2) colors, 3) Easter, and 4) dies and punches so I’m happy with the end result. Since Valentine’s is over naturally you start to think of Easter, but with our trip it hasn’t even been on my mind so this was good to do something new.

I decided to use the Fry Box BizL Die for this project (I love how easy it comes together and really holds quite a good amount of ‘stuff.”  I used So Saffron cardstock for the base of the Fry Box and then ran through pieces of Whisper White and Cucumber Crush cardstock for the front of the box so it had the same shape (and was super easy).  I used the Fringe Scissors to cut the Cumber Crush piece so it looks like grass and then added a Whisper White 3/8” Statin Ribbon bow at the bottom.  For the two “eggs” I cut the smaller one using the Large Oval Punch and Bermuda Bay DSP from the Brights Designer Series Paper Stack.  The larger one I cut using the Big Shot and Oval Collections Framelits and then used the Work of Art stamp set to stamp the lines so it looks like an Easter egg.

For the greeting I used the Greatest Greetings stamp set (love this one from the Occasions Catalog) and used my Stampin’ Write Markers to color in the greeting so I could stack the works to make it smaller and then cut it out using the Big Shot and Project Life Cards and Labels Framelits.  I sponged around the edge of the greeting and then attached it to the front of the box with dimensionals.  After looking at the box I decided to make the greeting look like a garden sign so I cut a little piece of Crumb Cake cardstock, embossed it with the Woodgrain embossing folder and sponged it before tucking it under the sign and in the grass (love how it turned out!!)

I have to say, I spent way more time than I planned on this project but really had fun and liked the end result, can’t wait to start working on more Easter projects soon (it will be here in no time!)

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s project:




Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog