Monday, February 8, 2016

Hand Stamped Sentiments Sketch Challenge 230: Boys will be Boys

I’m back!!  I was having so much fun working on cards for upcoming birthdays that I have a bonus card to share with you today.  February is another big birthday month so I needed a card for one of Aidan’s friends and decided to use this weeks Hand Stamped Sentimentssketch challenge as inspiration for the layout (once Aidan picked the image for the card!)  This is a nice, simple sketch that really gives you lots of options.

I started with Marina Mist cardstock for the cardbase and embossed the front of the card using the Big Shot and Honeycomb Embossing Folder.  Next I took a square piece of Whisper White cardstock and used the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch on all the corners before starting to color the background.  I started at the top with the lighter colors first and using sponge daubers started applying ink to create a skyline (used Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi, and Old Olive inks).  Once I had the background the way I wanted I used the Boys will be Boys stamp set to stamp the army man using Tuxedo Black Ink.  I had a little boo-boo with my stamping so to help cover it I used some Stampin’ Write Markers to hand draw in some grass and bird type lines.  Next I added a piece of Silver Foil Paper as a flag peeking out behind the stamped image.

The greeting is from the same stamp set and was stamped on Soft Sky cardstock, punched out with the Washi Tape Punch, and attached to the cardfront with dimensionals.  As the final touch I added 3 candy dots along the bottom of the image using the colors from the stamped piece so it all ties together.

I had some fun playing with the coloring on this card and hope it’s appreciated (bet mom will more so but Aidan thought the idea was pretty cool.  This stamp set is lots of fun and it doesn’t have to be for little boys, I know lots of men who still love them so it’s all good!





Below are easy ordering links for the products used on this afternoons card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Enjoy the rest of your afternoon!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog