Saturday, November 7, 2015

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 7

Happy Saturday!  What’s up with this weather?  It was crazy warm and nice yesterday, so much so it was really hard to be at work, you know how that is.  Getting the busy week off to a start but not before I share with you today’s gratitude card.  Today’s another card I made using the design from Mega Christmas Card class and just changed out the greeting.  I’ll admit, every time I look and see the pile of completed Christmas thank you cards, I get a smile knowing that’s one thing I have all set and will not have to worry about next month. 

I started with Lost Lagoon cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of DSP from the Merry Moments Designer Series Paper Stack (this DSP doesn’t actually have Lost Lagoon in it but since it has Smoky Slate I made it work).  Next I added another piece of DSP from the same stack for fun contrast.  The greeting is from the One Big Meaning Stamp set (this is new this year and definitely a must have if you make thank you cards!) and was stamped in Mossy Meadow ink on Smoky Slate cardstock before punching it out with a 2” Circle Punch.  I attached the greeting to the cardfront with dimensionals and then added an adhesive Metal Rimmed Pearl for some bling.  I wanted another way to tie in the Lost Lagoon from the cardbase and in the Christmas card this little strip had a greeting but I just decided to punch it out with the Washi Tape Punch and emboss it (I used a retired embossing folder but you could use any design you wanted) and then just tucked it back behind the circle.

It’s great to use different patterns of paper to create the main effect on your card so you can change up layouts and get a card finished in a flash, and even though this paper is marketed in our Christmas section most of the prints are very neutral that you could use for other occasions perfectly!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Enjoy your weekend,
Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog