Saturday, November 14, 2015

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 14

Good morning!  It’s going to be a fun day, we have lots to get done today and then we’re run/walking the Snowflake Stampede again this year which is a 2.5 mile loop through the Christmas lights in Bull Run park that you normally drive through.  We have so much fun dressing up and doing this loop on foot since we get to enjoy the lights, stop and take pictures as much as we want and have fun (just hoping it’s not too cold!)  Since it’s starting to get in the holiday spirit it’s only fitting that today’s gratitude card is another Christmas one.  I had several strips of this particular DSP pattern after last month’s class and a punched out tree sitting on my desk so I decided to use those two items and see what I could come up with (it’s always a great idea to go through your pile of little pieces on your desk (admit it we all those items that didn’t work on the initial project we intended but we couldn’t throw them away, so let’s repurpose and them on something new!!)

I started with Real Red cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Whisper White cardstock for a nice clean front.  I took that piece of DSP (from the Merry Moments Designer Series Paper Stack and matted it with Smoky Slate cardstock.  The little tree (that I already had cut out is from the Lots of Joy stamp set and was stamped in Mossy Meadow ink on Whisper White cardstock and then punched out with the Tree Punch).  The tree was attached to the cardfront with dimensionals.  The greeting is from the Another Thank You stamp set and was stamped in Real Red.  For a final touch, I added one of the star buttons from the Home for Christmas Designer Buttons to the top of the tree and tied a knot in the button using linen thread (hate to have a naked button!!)

This card came together really quickly since I already had a couple of elements (the “hardest” part was decided which greeting to use so it didn’t overpower the tree.  This DSP is also great because it’s really neutral and isn’t holiday specific (so I can continue to use it long after Christmas is over, and trust me, I’m on a mission to work on using up my supply stash!)
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Have an enjoyable Saturday!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog