Friday, July 24, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Card Sketch Challenge: Endless Birthday Wishes

 Good morning!  It’s Friday and we’re having a blast at convention.  Before the events start this morning a few of us are heading out to run the Deseret Classic Half Marathon as part of the Utah’s Pioneer Day holiday.  We’re really looking forward to the opportunity to run with friends that don’t live close and see some of the sights of the city. I’m have several fun posts scheduled for today so you’ll want to make sure to come back and check them out for lots of fun.  I’m going to start this morning with this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge.  I provided this weeks sketch and it’s really fun to see what different designers come up with using your basic sketch idea, love all the possibilities!  I have lots of friends birthdays in July so I’m busy making sure I’m ready for all the birthday greetings.

For this card I started with Tip Top Toupe cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Pool Party cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and the Arrows Embossing Folder.  Next I added a piece of the Cherry on Top DSP and used some Bermuda Bay Sequin Trim along the top of the DSP.  I added a couple of flags using the different patterns from the same DSP and tied a double bow using Bermuda Bay Baker’s Twine for a fun touch.

For the greeting I used the Endless Birthday Wishes stamp set and stamped the cake using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, colored it in with Stampin’ Write Markers and then punched it out with the 1 3/8” Circle Punch.  For a little extra bling I added some Dazzling Details to the birthday cake candles using the 2 Way Glue Pen.  It was matted with Cucumber Crush cardstock that was punched out with the 1 ¾” Scallop Circle Punch and attached with dimensionals.   The greeting is from the same stamp set (I really like how all the words are separate so you can build your own greeting) and was punched out with the new Washi Punch.

I made this for a special friend and this fits her cheery personality perfectly and she loves bling and sparkle just like me.  You can check out the other design team cards for further ideas and their favorite items and then play along (perfect crafting time is when it’s crazy hot since I can escape to my studio which is nice and cool).

 Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Have a good morning and I’ll be back soon with another fun project!

Diana
 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog