Friday, July 24, 2015

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Stamp Set Focus: No Bones About It

 
 


I’m back and it’s time for another fun card share.  Today over on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog we’re doing a Stamp Set Focus, this time it’s the set No Bones About It!  This is such a cute set and if you have little boys in your life this is a must have stamp set. Unfortunately this is not a set I know (yes, I don’t own everything in the catalog, yet) but I myself and several of the designers wanted to play along so Kim Ryden was super nice and agreed to send us some stamped images from the set and then we had to take what she sent us (she picked the images, colors, etc.) and see what we could come up with (it’s kind of like Chopped!)  So I received 4 quarter sheets of stamped images and I came up with this card (one sheet was stamped perfect for the inside so it was glued inside as is).

I started with Cucumber Crush cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of the Crumb Cake cardstock that I embossed with the Big Shot and the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder (I did sponge all over the embossed piece with Crumb Cake ink to help highlight all the perfect dots that remind me of the skin of a dinosaur).  Next I added a piece of Crumb Cake DSP from the Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack and matted it with Pumpkin Pie cardstock.

So I started with the stamped leaves and cut it out with the 2 ½” Circle Punch and punched out the greeting with the 1 ¾” Circle Punch and matted it with a piece of Cucumber Crush cardstock that was punched out with the 2” Circle Punch.  Kim provided this awesome dinosaur that she heat embossed so I just cut him out using my Paper Snips and attached him so it looks like he’s eating the leaves.  I used dimensionals to attach the greeting circle and the cut out dinosaur.  I had a little piece of the 5/8” Neutrals Chevron Ribbon so I folded it over and attached it to the cardfront and then used a medium Pumpkin Pie button from the Brights Designer Button Package and tied a bow using Old Olive Baker’s Twine for the final touch.

This is such a fun stamp set, it just makes me smile and I can’t wait to share this card with a little guy who needs to know I’m thinking of him.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team shared.  We had a lot of fun with this “mystery basket” idea so don’t be surprised if you see more of this in the future (it’s great to help stretch our creativity!)

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


                                                               
I hope you enjoyed today’s card and enjoy the day!

Diana
 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog