Friday, July 17, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday: A World of Thanks

Good morning!  It’s been a nice and quiet week with Aidan being out of town but I’ll admit our exciting activities have been going to bed early (I know, so sad but so good at the same time).  It’s Friday so I have a new Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge to share and we were given a unique panel layout so I decided to break out one of the new background stamps, A World of Thanks and used it for all the panels on the card.

I started with Old Olive for the cardbase and then added a piece of Basic Black cardstock that was the basis for my panels.  Next I took a piece of Whisper White cardstock and stamped on the one large piece after using my Stampin’ Write Markers to ink up the stamp so I have lots of color.  After stamping then I cut my panels, quick and easy and then attached it the card front.

There is so much going on with all the panels I didn’t want to add a lot to detract so  I added a some Basic Black Baker’s Twine around the cardfront and then tied a bow.  Of course I needed a little bling so I used some Silver and Red Glimmer Paper and the Medium Heart Punch, Itty Bitty Accent Punch Pack and the Big Shot and Star Collection Framelits to create the small center star and the larger glimmer star outline.  I glued the larger star directly to the cardfront and then used a dimensional to pop up the smaller star.

This background stamp is so fun I can see lots of uses for it using all the different language greetings either as they are or stamped individually, a real “bang for your buck” stamp, I will definitely be using it for lots of projects in the future.  The design team is also sharing some great designs so go check them out and come play along, this is also a great sketch for using scraps of DSP. 

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Have a great weekend,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog