Saturday, July 25, 2015

Convention 2015 Swap Gift Tag: Lots of Joy

Happy Saturday!  We’re up early and ready for our last events of convention!  It’s been a wonderful time and I love seeing all the fabulous friends I’ve gained because of Stampin’ Up! but I must admit I’m a little excited for convention to end, because that means I’m heading up to Seattle to pick up Aidan and bring him home. It’s been two weeks since I’ve seen him and let’s just say I miss my little guy to pieces.  Anyway, during the convention swaps it’s not just cards we make, it can be scrapbook pages, 3d items, gift packaging, anything.  I was in a gift tag swap (I love the idea of making beautiful one of a kind gift tags for gifts but I don’t always have time so I thought this would be a great way to get new ideas I can share so we can have these tags already made and ready to go.  Since we all know Christmas and the winter holidays will be here before we know it I decided to make a Christmas themed tag for my swap.

I started with Cherry Cobbler cardstock and added a piece of Merry Moments Designer Series Paper.  Before I glued the DSP down I added a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock that I punched with the Scallop Tag Topper Punch so I had an easy place to add some Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine to attach the tag to my gift when the time comes.  Next I used the Lots of Joy stamp set and stamp the greeting by inking the stamp with Mossy Meadow and Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Write Markers and stamping on Whisper White cardstock before punching it out with the 1 3/8” Circle Punch. I also punched out a piece of Old Olive cardstock using the 1 ¾” Circle Punch and then embossed it with the Big Shot and Chevron Embossing Folder.  I added a piece of Mossy Meadow 5/8” Stitched Cotton Ribbon as a little flag and a star I punched out of Gold Glimmer Paper and it Itty Bitty Accent Punch Pack.  I used dimensionals on the greeting and the glimmer star for different layers to be raised.

The holidays are approaching quickly, we got to see this years Holiday catalog and there are so many great products that will help in all your holiday projects.  I’ve already started on some of my projects but now it’s time to really kick it in to gear, I’m going to try to get a couple things done each month leading up to the holidays so “hopefully” it lessens the stress come December (we’ll see how it goes!!)

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s tag:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


                                                               
Have a great Saturday!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog