Thursday, July 23, 2015

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Design Team Swap: Vintage Leaves

Good morning!  Convention officially starts today so we’re heading over to the convention center to dive right into the fun.  Last night we had a team dinner with other design team members (at least those that are here in Salt Lake City, we missed those who couldn’t attend) from the Stylin’ Stampin’ INKspiration blog and we had a great evening.  Of course we decided to swap cards amongst the team members (those who couldn’t travel still participated in the swap if they wanted) and boy did these ladies really outdo themselves, I love all there work!  We each picked a stamp set and I decided to use the new Vintage Leaves stamp set with the matching framelits.  It was fun to make a fall themed card but I’m really excited to see what other products will be in this years holiday catalog that can also work for fall (we get to see the catalog and some of the products during this mornings General Session, whoo hoo!!)

I started with Cajun Craze cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Whisper White cardstock that I stamped with the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set before attaching a piece of Chocolate Chip DSP from the Neutrals Designer Series Paper.  I used the Vintage Leaves stamp set and stamped leaves out of Cajun Craze, Mossy Meadow, and Blackberry Bliss and then cut them out with the coordinating Leaflets Framelits (makes easy work of these).  Then I crumbled up each of the leaves to add more texture to them before attaching them to the cardfront.  I tied a knot bow out of Dijon Delight 1” Dotted Lace Trim and attached it using glue dots.  Instead of stamping a greeting I decided to use the new Greetings Framelits and cut them out of Blackberry Bliss cardstock.

I can definitely see I’m going to have fun with this stamp set and framelits on lots of projects in the coming months, plus it will be great for gift packaging and scrapbooking.  I hope the ladies liked my card as much as I do.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


                                                        
I hope you enjoyed today’s card and enjoy the day!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog