Monday, July 13, 2015

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration/Hand Stamped Sentiments Card Sketch Challenge: Boys will Be Boys

Good morning!  After a weekend full of travel Aidan is safe visiting his grandparents and having and blast and I'm back home and enjoying a little time with just Chris (doesn't happen very often).  Today I decided to combine a couple challenges, the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog card sketch and Hand Stamped Sentiments Inspiration Challenge.  I love when I can combine things and get twice the bang for the effort.  Bree gave us a fun sketch this month and I decided to stick pretty close to the sketch and try cutting out the angled shape, it took a little time to figure out, especially the mat but in the end I really liked the effect.

I started with Pacific Point cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Whisper White cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Lucky Stars Embossing Folder.  Next I took a piece of Real Red DSP from the Brights Designer Series Paper Stack and trimmed it down using my paper trimmer (I used my ruler to mark the center point on the sides of the DSP and then trimmed 1/2" down).  Then I took a piece of Pacific Point cardstock for the mat and attached it to the DSP and then trimmed it down to match.






For the greeting I used the Boys will be Boys stamp set and stamped it with Pacific Point ink and punched it out with the new Washi Label Punch (I love this punch and it's perfect for greetings!)  I did also sponge around the edges with Real Red ink.  The final touch was to add a piece of Pacific Point 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon (love this ribbon!!!)










 
 




I loved the Red, White, and Blue inspiration from Hand Stamped Sentiments and it worked perfect for this card.  I actually made this card for Aidan to leave in his suitcase as a little remember while he's away (unfortunately, I forgot that the card was in my backpack until he was gone so I'll have to drop this in the mail, good intentions!)

The designers have made some great cards today so go check them out and play along, you never know what you'll come up with.










Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Have a wonderful day!

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Aidan will love getting this card in the mail! Love your taken on the sketch and the inspiration challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! It's clean, and the layout is so interesting. Thanks for sharing your technique for cutting it, I'll have to try it myself :) And who wouldn't want to get a card that says Best Kid Ever?!! Yay! Thanks for playing the inspiration challenge at HSS! ~ erika

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog