Friday, July 3, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday: Flowery Birthday Wishes

Good morning and Happy Friday!  It's also a holiday Friday for some of us so I'm so excited for the 4th of July holiday and long holiday weekend.  For this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge we were given a fun challenge with lots of potential.  I have a dear friend who's birthday was this week so I decided to us this weeks sketch as the inspiration for a fun card.

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Pretty Petals Designer Series Paper.  In the top right corner I added a butterfly that I stamped from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set in Calypso Coral ink and punched it out with the Elegant Butterfly Punch then added some pearls along the center for the body of the butterfly.  I used adhesive only in the center and bent the wings up so the butterfly looks like it's flying.  I also added a couple flowers that I punched out of Old Olive cardstock with the flower from the Itty Bitty Accent Punch Pack, embossed it with the Lovely Lace Embossing Folder and I curled up the petals added a Calypso Coral candy dot from the Subtles Candy Dots for the center of each flower.

Along the bottom of the card I added a piece of Old Olive cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder.  To the back of the cardstock I added some Fast Fuse and used some Watermelon Wonder 1" Dotted Lace Trim and ruffled it up for a fun trim.  I also added a  piece of Gold Sequin Trim for just a little more bling.  The greeting is from the And Many More and it was punched out with the Word Window Punch and then matted with a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock that was punched out with the Large Oval Punch.

I must admit, I just kept adding little embellishments to this card which may have been a little over the top but my friend loved it, so that's all that matters.  And I love how the colors pop against the black.




Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Enjoy and have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog