Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Using Your Stash: Paper Pumpkin Meets Lots of Joy

Good morning!  I have to apologize for the absence, boy has this holiday season had me off my toes trying to keep up and while I’ve been spending lots of family time(which I love) I’ve been away from my computer a lot to be able to share all that I’ve been creating (I’m sure you know exactly how I feel).  I’m sure just like you I have a lot of people of our gift list and I try to come up with gifts for each person and fit it in our time and budget constraints which means I’ve been making a concerted effort this year to look to my gift and gift packaging stash first to see what I can use for these gifts that will not only save time and money but will reduce the size of my supply stash.  Today I’m sharing the gift we made for Aidan’s Tae Kwon Do instructors and staff (he had 8 people to give gifts to).  I was looking through my studio and found one of my Paper Pumpkin Kits from last year (October 2014, I believe) and noticed that the pie wedge treat boxes could easily be repurposed to look like trees so I decided to use them for a candy treat holiday (boy do these boxes hold a lot of candy!!).

 
To finish these boxes I started by using the Tree Punch to punch out the window and then covered it with a piece of clear Window Film (so the candy wouldn’t escape).  After assembling the box I did notice that my flap showed at the bottom of the tree to so I did use another punch to punch a little piece off the flap so that it didn’t show.  Next I used the star punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack to punch a star out of glimmer paper (I used some retired Champagne glimmer paper but you could easily use the Gold Glimmer Paper).  I also used a piece of Real Red Satin and Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon (once again retired, remember, I’m using up my stash but any ribbon would work) to tie around the box with a nice big bow on top.
For the greeting I used the Lots of Joy stamp set and used Stampin’ Write Markers to color the rubber before stamping and then punched it out with either the XL Oval Punch or 1 ¼” Circle Punch and attached it to the box with a dimensional.
 
I love how easy these gifts came together, they were easy for Aidan to transport to class (always a plus) and I was able to use all supplies I already had on hand, other than the candy, score!!!  If you really like this idea just a hint, there are more of these past paper pumpkin kits (both the full kit and refills currently available on the Stampin’ Up! website so you can order your kit today (if you’re a Paper Pumpkin subscriber) and you’ll be one step closer to making lots of cute little tree gifts as well!!
I’ve been making lots of these types of projects this year and it’s really helping to get those gifts crossed off my list.  I have to admit I’m so motivated by how well this is going that I’m already working on the gift list for next year (based on our lessons learned this year) and am going to take a little bit of time to plan out gifts, using more items from my stash, to get a head start on 2016 (crazy, I know!!!)
 
Below are easy ordering links for the current products used on today’s project:
 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Have a great day!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog