Friday, December 4, 2015

SSINKspiration Red and Green: Oh, What Fun!

Happy Friday!  I know its December but is it possible for this month to slow down, just a little please?  It’s been a great week and we’re looking forward to the tree lighting tonight to really help kick off the holiday fun.  Today over on the SSINKspiration blog it’s all about red and green and the designers are sharing some great cards using these two colors as a focus (perfect for the holidays).  One of the products in this years Holiday Catalog, that I haven’t given much love to is the Holidays Fancy Foil Designer Vellum, this paper is so beautiful and shiny I knew it would be perfect for the focus of today’s card.

I started with Whisper White Thick cardstock for the cardbase (the thick cardstock is perfect for cardbases) and then added a piece of the green Fancy Foil Vellum.  Next I cut a smaller piece of the vellum in the Real Red pattern backed it with Whisper White cardstock and then used some Silver Glimmer Paper as a mat (yeah I know really can’t have too much bling and shine this time of year!!)  I wanted to make this piece look like a holiday package so I used some of the Garden Green 1/8” Stitched Ribbon for the package bow and then attached the whole thing using dimensionals.

The greeting is from the Oh, What Fun stamp set (I was pleasantly surprised to see that this stamp set is carrying over, it has some great sayings for lots of holiday projects!!).  I stamped it in Real Red ink on Whisper White cardstock and then punched it out with the Washi Label Punch, sponged around the edge with green and attached it to the cardfront with dimensionals.  Since I love my bling I decided to add two small rhinestones on the greeting piece for more sparkle.

This picture really doesn't do this card justice, it's so beautiful in person and is great, it uses lots of special (sparkly touches) to really bring up the wow factor and you can make it really fast, the only stamping I did was for the greeting.  I’ll definitely be using this foil vellum more and it will definitely be part of this months Just Cards Class projects next week so don’t miss out!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


                                                             
Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog